Resources and Links
Here are links to information and resources, and other tools that may be helpful. These sites were not created by, and are not maintained by AASPIRE.
General Autism Information, Medical Focus
Resources for Primary Care Providers
- University of San Fransisco Office of Developmental Primary Care Resources about developmental disabilties for primary care providers.
- Nicolaidis, C., Kripke, C.C., Raymaker, D.M. (2014) Primary Care for Adults on the Autism Spectrum Medical Clinics of North America. 98;1169-1191.
download Medical Clinics paper
General Autism Information, Service and Resource Focus
- Autism NOW Center - National Autism Resource and Information Center, sponsored by the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disaiblities (AIDD)
- US Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Community Living maintains a comprehensive list of relevant agencies and resources
- Autism Society of America
The Americans with Disabilities Act in Healthcare
- Main ADA page - http://www.ada.gov
- For more information on the ADA and healthcare - http://www.pacer.org/publications/adaqa/health.asp
- For more a very in-depth legal analysis of the ADA in healthcare, see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK11429/
- ADA Centers see http://adata.org/Static/Home.html
- ADAdata.org has a frequently asked questions page where you can learn more about the ADA. http://adata.org/faq-page
Autistic Community Links
See the patient section for Links and Resources for Connecting with Other Autistic Adults.